Friday 9 November 2012

Joining the Dots


I have spent much of my career working in consumer research while developing a love-hate relationship with the research industry and functions.  Love of the people, their passion and integrity (usually) and hate for the lack of respect shown to them and their own ineptitude in demanding respect, along with some entrenchment in out-of-date styles of research and communication.

My academic background which has underpinned my career is psychology.  I passionately believe that there is a wealth of untapped knowledge in psychology that is of huge value to businesses if a communication bridge can be built between academia and business.


Currently I am studying for a Masters in Coaching Psychology which is taking me back to my roots and rediscovering, and discovering afresh, so much insight into the nature of human beings.  

I am finding that so much of what I read, whether text books or marketing magazines, discussion groups or blogs, fires up a series of thoughts and connections between the different worlds.  Hence the title of this first post.

With so many new discoveries and so much to say on the matter I am starting this blog, at the very least it will be a way for me to capture and clarify my thoughts.  At best it might be interesting and useful for others too.

Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment